NOTE: Seal skin products cannot be exported to the USA, European Union, Mexico, or Taiwan
1) Seal skin (sustainable Nunavut harvested ringed seal, professionally tanned.)
2) Palm: suede or polished leather in various colours
3) Cuffing: coyote fur, fox fur, muskrat, seal skin band. (Note: beaver fur may be available upon request -send enquiry)
4) Lining: fleece + Solari (foil-like, aka Insul-Bright) insulates the mittens. (upgrades: 100% thick wool material or full shearling)
Processing time: All mittens are handmade, made-to-order. Please allow up to 3 weeks to ship (this may change during the Christmas holiday season).
Size S-M is for hand measurements that are no greater than 7.5 inches in length or width.
Size L-XL is for hand measurements that are no greater than 10.5 inches in length or width.
Size XXL+ is for hand measurements that are greater than 10.5 inches in length or width.
The following measurements will be requested upon ordering to create a custom fit for your mittens (*Submit hand measurements in order note*):
- Hand width/circumference: wrap a measuring tape around your palm and do not include your thumb within the measuring tape
- Hand length: measure from the wrist crease (exactly at the base of your palm) to the tip of the longest finger
- Forearm circumference : put on the jacket you will likely wear with the gauntlets and wrap a measuring tape around the middle (halfway between your wrist and elbow). This ensures the gauntlet opening will fit over your jacket sleeves.
- Forearm length: measure from the wrist crease (exactly at the base of your palm) to the middle of your forearm.
Please note that accurate measurements are crucial. Once production begins, you may not alter the size due to the high cost of the materials. Once production begins, the materials are cut to suit the measurements provided and the size cannot be altered. You will be charged for the cost of the cutting a new size if you choose to have the mittens re-made with new measurements. You may be asked to submit a photo of the measurements (measuring tape wrapped around the hand) if the numbers sound disproportionate.
Note: all mittens are sized for ‘comfort fit’ so they are not snug. They are sized to make it easy to slip on and off, hands-free, by swinging them off with some force.